- Unique Cool Flash technology
- Advanced Phaco for Hard Cataracts
- Multifocal / Toric IOLs
- Biometry (Contact / Immersion)
- Scleral-fixated IOL Surgery
- A painless blurring of vision
- Glare or light sensitivity
- Poor night vision
- Double vision in one eye
- Needing brighter light to read
- Fading or yellowing of colours
What is a Cataract?
A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s naturally clear lens. The lens focuses light rays on the retina-the layer of light-sensing cells lining the back of the eye-to produce a sharp image of what we see. When the lens becomes cloudy, light rays cannot pass through it easily and vision is blurred.
What are the symptoms of cataract?
The amount and pattern of cloudiness within the lens can vary. It the cloudiness is not near the center of the lens. You may not be aware that a cataract is present.
Common symptoms of cataract include:
A normal, healthy balanced diet is normally sufficient to keep eyes healthy and there is no need for additional supplementary nutrition. Plenty of fruits, green vegetables and liquor tea are known to contain high amount of antioxidants that are beneficial for good eye health.
What causes cataracts?
Senile cataract development is a normal process of aging. Certain other types of cataract may develop from:
- Medical problems, such as diabetes
- Eye injuries/diseases
- Long term use of certain medications, especially steroids
- Long term, unprotected exposure to sunlight
- Chronic tobacco smoking
- Previous eye surgery
- Genetic predisposition